Hacking is a mindset defined primarily by an adventurous spirit about how things work. It entails a readiness, even an eagerness to explore, learn, and experiment. Ethical hacking, also called penetration testing, is a process in which an individual attempt to compromise the security of a channel or system to identify a vulnerability or danger. And having the best books to learn ethical hacking will help you in this journey.
Are you intrigued by the prospect of working as a system security expert? Most students who wish to seek their passion for ethical hacking frequently struggle to find a university that can sufficiently teach them that skill.
Here, we’ve compiled a list of the best books that we believe will help you develop your skills in ethical hacking.
|1||Hacking for beginners with Kali Linux||Check on Amazon|
|2||Linux Basics for Hackers||Check on Amazon|
|3||Computer Hacking Beginners Guide||Check on Amazon|
|4||The Hacker Playbook 3||Check on Amazon|
|5||CEH Certified Ethical Hacker All in One Exam Guide||Check on Amazon|
|6||The Web Application Hacker’s Handbook||Check on Amazon|
|7||Penetration Testing: A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking||Check on Amazon|
|8||Hands on Hacking: Become an Expert at Next Gen Penetration Testing and Purple Teaming||Check on Amazon|
|9||Social Engineering: The Science of Human Hacking||Check on Amazon|
|10||Real-World Bug Hunting: A Field Guide to Web Hacking||Check on Amazon|
So let’s take a bit of a deeper dive into the subject.
Best Books to Learn Ethical Hacking in 2021
Hacking for beginners with Kali Linux
The first book on the list is Hacking for beginners with Kali Linux. Kali Linux is far more than a hacking environment. It’s a great way to learn about Kali Linux and popular hacking strategies. Additionally, it includes a number of high-tech features that can make programming and hack much simpler. Kali Linux is a Linux distribution that was centered on Debian, but it was specifically designed to focus on computer security and penetration testing.
- Kali Linux initiation and installation
- Find vulnerabilities automatically
- Develop and bind exploits
- Wifi, as well as websites, crack passwords
- Collection of information
Overall, hacking is complicated. But, if you can follow the same precise set of steps that many hackers have used in the old days, you will quickly become one yourself. These hacking procedures are explained in the book by the author, who breaks them down into five different modules that are simple to comprehend.
Linux Basics for Hackers
The second book on the list is Linux Basics for Hackers. Linux Basics for Hackers is a good starting point if you start on an exciting road to hacking, cybersecurity, and pentesting. With this, you’ll learn the basics of Linux and gain the tools and techniques that you will need to control an environment with Kali Linux.
In addition to that, you will learn to set up Kali and introduce the basic Linux concepts on a virtual machine. You would then focus on topics relevant to Linux like text manipulation and file permissions management.
- A program that searches for network connections
- Establish a connection to and listen for wireless networks
- Utilize VPNs as well as encrypted email to maintain the secrecy of your internet activity.
- Create a bash script to search for open ports that may contain potential targets.
- Construct your own encryption software.
Overall, If you are interested in hacking, cyber security, and pentesting, Linux Basics for Hackers is a good place to start. With Linux Basics for Hackers, you can quickly get up to speed. When starting or operating to the expert level, it may be one of the nicest options you can do to grow your cyber-security abilities to have a copy of this book.
Computer Hacking Beginners Guide
The third book on the list is Computer Hacking Beginners Guide. In this, you will learn everything you need to know to access the mysterious world of computer hacking with the Computer Hacking Beginners Guide. It gives an overview of hacking, cracking and its global influence. In addition, as you read this book, you will know how to recognize an attack in a system you are looking to prevent. You will learn to prevent any harm to your system or end an internal attack at the same time. This is one of the Best Books to Learn Ethical Hacking in 2021.
- Prerequisites for hacking
- Types of hackers
- Hacking attacks (active attacks, replay attacks, wifi hacking, etc.)
- Tips for ethical hacking
Overall, the purpose of this book is to teach you about the various kinds of hacking and how hacking actually works, to help you better protect yourself from hacking. When it comes to your device’s security, you’ll have to stay one step ahead of any potential criminal hackers. It is possible to do that by learning how to hack and also acquiring knowledge on how to perform a counter-hack.
The Hacker Playbook 3
The fourth book on the list is The Hacker Playbook 3. Offensive games have been taken to the professional level by The Hacker Playbook 3. You can help ensure victory by utilizing a combination of new strategies, attacks, exploits, and tricks.
The contents of this book focus on real-world campaigns and attacks, including how attackers establish initial access, how malware is designed, how persistent infections are made, and how lateral movement can be accomplished. This book uses the scientific method by having custom tools created and Virtual Machines in order to get accurate results.
- Pentesting vs red teaming
- set-up of various tools
- Network hacking via an application called “responder,” as well as a technique called “password spraying.”
- Peddling social engineering campaigns, as well as launching physical attacks
- Brute-force password cracking
- Start your own dropper set
- Empire attacks on MACs
If you’re into Red Teaming, this book is an excellent source of information. To note: Penetration Testing is not the same as Red Teaming. Although the two activities share some overlap, they are not exactly the same.
CEH Certified Ethical Hacker All in One Exam Guide
The fifth book on our list is CEH Certified Ethical Hacker All in One Exam Guide. The system includes comprehensive self-study instruction for all areas of the EC-Council Certified Ethical Hacker certification. The fourth edition focuses on new tools, techniques, and exploits relevant to the certification exam. Find learning objectives and exam tips throughout each chapter, practice exam questions, as well as in-depth explanations at the beginning of each chapter. The book is aimed at helping you to pass the exam and is also an important on-the-job guide.
- Basics for ethical hacking
- System attack
- Hacking of the wireless network
- Cloud computer security
- Trojan attacks and other
- Penetration testing
- Monitoring as well as listing
- Web servers hacking
Overall, Certified Ethical Hacker all in one exam, by being easy to achieve, have not gained reputation and price. This is a tough test that tests more than mere memorization. Therefore, this book is best for you if you are new to the field of your career or you are curious about it and want to increase your knowledge. This might be the one the best books to learn ethical hacking if you have a lot of questions in mind.
The Web Application Hacker’s Handbook
The sixth book on the list is The Web Application Hacker’s Handbook. A new edition of the incredibly popular security book is released. In most groups, web applications serve as the front door, providing access to various kinds of attacks that can pose a risk to company and individual assets. This up-to-date book covers the latest range of ever-evolving web application approaches, techniques, and procedures. In addition, you’ll look at some of the new web application technologies that have appeared since the first edition, as well as the latest client-side attack techniques.
- Provides step-by-step instructions for managing technological advances
- Anti-intrusion techniques that have been implemented in light of recent intrusions in the previous edition
- Deals with newer remote messaging frameworks
- It offers readers the opportunity to launch various attacks described in the book via a companion web site hosted by the authors.
- Offers a simplified methodology as well as a checklist of required tasks
- Concludes every chapter with answers to the questions asked
All in all, this book is a priceless and timely resource on the topic of web application security vulnerability discovery, exploitation, and prevention. Recent years have seen changes in the area of web application security. Therefore, this book is the perfect guide for finding and exploiting flaws.
Penetration Testing: A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking
The seventh book on the list is the Penetration Testing: A Hands-On Introduction to Hacking. To get you prepared for your career as a penetration tester, Pentester-in-Training Georgia Weidman offers you with a comprehensive survey of skills that will serve you well throughout your penetration testing career. Kali Linux is one of the best features of this beginner-friendly guide: it has preloaded software tools like Wireshark and Metasploit that are accessible through Kali Linux, which is another fantastic tool available via this guide. This is also one of the Best Books to Learn Ethical Hacking in 2021.
- With brute-forcing and wordlists, crack user accounts as well as wifi keys
- Look for malware
- Use the Metasploit Framework to write exploits as well as use Metasploit modules created with the framework
- Cyber-intrusions should be automated.
- Enable antivirus bypass.
- After the adversary has been successfully exploited, the entire enterprise can be put under their control in the post-exploitation phase.
Overall, in this book, you will find information on a target, social engineering, network traffic capture, vulnerabilities analysis, exploits development and more. Even advanced topics such as mobile device security and anti-virus software are discussed with hands-on examples. For every ambitious young hacker, penetration testing is an essential skill to learn.
Hands on Hacking: Become an Expert at Next Gen Penetration Testing and Purple Teaming
The eighth book on our list is Hands on Hacking: Become an Expert at Next Gen Penetration Testing and Purple Teaming. The content of Hands-On Hacking is designed to give readers a look into the attacker’s eyes as well as to help them use hacking techniques to gain a better understanding of significant dangers to computer data and systems.Throughout the research and writing of the book, the author has trained countless students in the field of cyber-attacks, so readers will benefit from his or her years of experience in the field.
In addition, this book deals with both ethical hackers and lawbreaker crackers and provides their tools, tactics, and procedures for use.
- Explains the basic methods malicious hackers will use
- Tested material is utilized to train hackers in the fundamentals of network security all over the world.
- Spotlighting security vulnerabilities
- Offers a comprehensive analysis of the inherent vulnerabilities of computer networks
- The authors are infosec professionals who have previously authored vulnerabilities
- Tutoring the student on how to discover vulnerabilities and exploit them
World-renowned intelligence experts and educators, as well as others, created this book on ethical hacking for novice technicians who want to learn the fundamentals of the field. All in all, this book takes you from main principles to sophisticated tools, in a learning format, covering penetration testing and ethical hacking.
Social Engineering: The Science of Human Hacking
The ninth book on our list is Social Engineering: The Science of Human Hacking. The term “social engineering” in the phrase “The Science of Human Hacking” denotes the most crafty aspects of the hacker’s abilities. Christopher Hadnagy shows you how the most commonly used techniques have been used in the past to fool even the most careful security personnel.
Sophisticated hackers have sought to exploit that decision-making process for as long as there have been hackers, to get you to do something that is not in your best interest. As a result, this new Second Edition includes the most up-to-date information on how these decisions are implemented using stories, examples, and scientific study.
- Conduct a review of the most commonly utilized social engineering tactics to gain access
- Prevent hackers from intruding
- Learn how to use these skills to enhance your organization’s security
- Discover how social engineering is a significant part of many recent news stories
- Understanding how science contributes to emotional intelligence
- Decision-making we can use our knowledge to become social engineers
Therefore, using social engineering techniques, you can develop an impenetrable defense. Foresight that helps you defend yourself and others from even their best attempts is attained by studying the playbook of social engineers. By following along in the social engineer’s full knowledge, you will learn how to recognize, predict, and prevent this type of manipulation.
Real-World Bug Hunting: A Field Guide to Web Hacking
The tenth book on the list is Real-World Bug Hunting: A Field Guide to Web Hacking. This guide is a holy book for finding software bugs. Regardless of your level of expertise, ethical hacker Peter Yaworski will teach you how to do it correctly. For instance, bugs like cross-site scripting, insecure direct object references, and server-side request forgery are some of the most common. Similarly, you’ll see how hackers are able to use race conditions to move money around, utilize URL parameters to trick users into liking tweets they didn’t intend to, and more.
- How do hackers gain access to websites
- Learn how to locate bug bounty programs
- How to submit effective vulnerability reports
- Understanding the functionality that is frequently associated with vulnerabilities
- How internet works, as well as the fundamentals of web hacking
Overall, this book gives a real-world approach to web security vulnerabilities that comes with numerous case studies and practical advice. You have now acquired a much deeper understanding of website security and vulnerabilities, which enables you to improve the internet while making money. In each chapter, the author introduces a particular vulnerability type that is followed by a list of current known bounties.